there’s not much worse than waking up in the morning feeling exhausted. especially if you've tried everything to help your sleep! maybe you’ve got the perfect mattress, essential oils, and eye mask but your sleep still sucks. it’s so frustrating. we’ve been there and we’ve got proven tips to help you sleep like a baby every night, because you deserve to wake up feeling refreshed and ready for the day!
solid sleep will:
- improve daily energy levels and mood
- regulate hormones and decrease stress
- help manage appetite and hunger
- allow your body to recover from workouts
- improve the health of your hair, skin and nails
so how can we get the best sleep ever?
- morning sunlight exposure aids in the production of night time melatonin. try to get out in the sun in the morning, even if it’s just for a 10-15 minute walk. if you’re waking up before the sun is out, try using a uv-free led therapy light when you’re getting ready in the morning! these mimic the benefits of sunlight.
cut caffeine by noon-1pm. caffeine stays in our system for 8 hours after consumption! no wonder you’re not sleeping well if you’ve been reaching for that 4pm coffee. for our pre-workout lovers who workout later in the day, a non-stim pre-workout makes a massive difference here.
beam’s stimulant-free pre-workout helps you have the best afternoon or night time workouts:
- ksm-66 ashwagandha, taurine and l-tyrosine improve mood and natural energy
- carnosyn beta-alanine strengthens performance and l-citrulline increases blood flow
- you don’t have to sacrifice amazing workouts for a good sleep! go snag the new pink lemonade flavor
- beam’s stimulant-free pre-workout helps you have the best afternoon or night time workouts:
- have a snack 1-2 hours before bed. specifically, a snack heavier in carbs can help you fall asleep since carbs increase the brain’s tryptophan, which promotes the synthesis of melatonin! bed-time meal / snack ideas:
- mix beam’s vegan or whey protein with almond milk and pour over your favorite cereal.
- yogurt parfait with fruit and granola.
- pancake bowl! whisk 1 egg with milk, add in 1 scoop of beam’s vegan or whey protein and your favorite pancake mix. microwave 1-2 minutes and top with nut butter.
- stay off screens an hour before bed! blue light exposure can make it harder to fall asleep.
- get your environment right. while you’re getting ready for bed, try dimming the lights, reducing any noise or playing some calm music, and ensuring your room is at a cooler temperature for sleep. this will help your body relax!
- take 200-400mg of magnesium glycinate 1 hour before bed. this supplement aids in relaxation by regulating a neurotransmitter called gamma-aminobutyric acid, which helps our brains enter a more restful state.
give these a try and let us know how your sleep improves! 🙂