If you’re serious about your fitness game—or getting serious—you’ve probably come across the acronym, BCAA, which stands for branched chain amino acids. Our newest product, Recovery Aminos, has all three BCAAs, including a massive three-gram dose of leucine and a one-gram dose of both isoleucine and valine per serving. If you’re looking to build muscle and cut fat, you should seriously consider making Recovery Aminos a staple on your supplement shelf. Why? That’s exactly what we’ll be covering today. Here’s everything you need to know.
First of all, what are BCAAs?
There are 20 different amino acids that make up the thousands of different proteins in the human body. Nine of the 20 are considered essential amino acids (EAAs), meaning they can’t be made by your body and must be obtained through your diet. Of the nine essential amino acids, three are branch-chained amino acids (BCAAs): leucine, isoleucine, and valine. “Branched-chain” refers to their chemical structure, which separates them from the rest of the essential amino acid family.
BCAAs make up 35-40 percent of all essential amino acids present in your body. Unlike other amino acids, BCAAs are mostly broken down in the muscle, rather than in the liver. Because of this, they play an important role in muscle recovery, muscle growth, energy production, prevention of muscle wasting, and fat loss. When it comes to building muscle, BCAAs are the most critical amino acids, especially leucine.
What are the benefits of Recovery Aminos?
How can a BCAA supplement, such as Recovery Aminos, support your workouts and recovery? Here are the top ways:
- Increase energy: BCAAs reduce physical and mental fatigue during exercise, enabling you to work out harder and longer.
- Decrease soreness: When taken before or after strength training, BCAAs reduce muscle soreness following your workout.
- Increase muscle: BCAAs activate enzymes responsible for building muscle, leading to increased muscle mass, especially if they contain a higher proportion of leucine than isoleucine and valine.
- Prevent muscle wasting: BCAAs have been shown to prevent muscle wasting and breakdown.
- Increase fat loss: BCAAs may help prevent weight gain and enhance weight loss.
Can’t you get enough BCAAs through food?
In a perfect world, you could get enough essential amino acids through protein-rich foods such as lean meat, fish, tofu, milk, cheese, and eggs. The reality is, this doesn’t always happen for a number of reasons: unbalanced diets, dietary restrictions, busy schedules, personal preferences, and restrictive dieting, just to name a few. By taking a supplement like Recovery Aminos, you can rest assured that you’re receiving adequate amounts of BCAAs to support your workouts, recovery, and overall wellness. Additionally, for those who exercise intensely, taking an amino acid supplement can be very beneficial, as strenuous exercise burns specific amino acids in the body.
What benefits do the other ingredients in Recovery Aminos offer?
Besides BCAAs, Recovery Aminos contains Aquamin™, Tart Cherry extract, White Tea, and Himalayan Pink Sea Salt to further support your well-being.
- Aquamin™ is a unique marine multi-mineral complex that contains bio-active calcium, magnesium, and 72 trace minerals. As one of the most bioavailable sources of calcium, this unique ingredient will help improve bone, joint, and digestive health. On top of that, Aquamin™ provides hydration, free radical detox support, and aids in improving your overall health.
- Tart Cherry extract: Rich in B vitamins, vitamin A, iron, magnesium, fatty acids, and antioxidants, Tart Cherry extract has been shown to increase strength, reduce muscle soreness, improve sleep, promote brain function, strengthen the immune system, and aid in weight loss.
- White Tea: With high levels of antioxidants, White Tea has been shown to reduce the risk of heart disease, aid in weight loss, regulate insulin, and aid in cancer prevention.
- Himalayan Pink Sea Salt: Himalayan Pink Sea Salt not only provides the benefits of regular salt, but also contains 70+ other trace minerals, which offer several health benefits.
Ready to take your training to the next level? Taking Recovery Aminos is a quick, easy way to get the BCAAs you need to strengthen and rejuvenate your muscles. While you could carry chicken, cottage cheese, and eggs with you at all times, taking Recovery Aminos is a much easier, more realistic way to consume BCCAs, allowing you to reach your full fitness potential.