with summer in full swing, we all want to take advantage of warmer weather and longer days. it's a season of outdoor adventures, beach trips, and fun-filled activities. but amidst all the excitement, you might be a bit stressed wondering how you’ll stay on track with your workouts. don’t worry - there are tons of ways to adjust your training in the summer so you’re getting movement in but still able to enjoy the season!
we're giving you inspo on ways you can tweak your training this summer, and things to keep in mind.
- embrace the outdoors - summer provides the perfect opportunity to take your workouts outside and soak up some vitamin d. with longer daylight hours and pleasant weather, outdoor activities like hiking, cycling, swimming, or even a friendly game of beach volleyball can bring a fun twist to your fitness routine. modify your workouts by incorporating more outdoor exercises and enjoy the benefits of being active in nature!
- hydration and heat - as the temperature rises, it's essential to prioritize hydration during your workouts. sweating more leads to increased water loss, which can impact your performance and overall well-being. make sure to drink plenty of water before, during, and after your workouts to stay properly hydrated.
- adding in beam’s recovery aminos is a huge hack here, too! they’ve got electrolytes, antioxidants, bcaa’s + eaas to help with muscle recovery. plus, they taste amazing so you’ll love sipping on these during your workouts.
- adapt to summer schedule - for many, summer means a change in routine due to vacations, family gatherings, or kids being out of school. embrace the flexibility of the season and modify your workouts to fit your summer schedule. if your usual hour-long gym sessions aren't feasible, opt for shorter, high-intensity workouts or just give yourself some grace knowing it’s a busier season of life. finding ways to stay active, even in smaller increments, can help you stay on track.
- listen to your body - summer can bring unique challenges, such as increased humidity or allergies. listen to your body and adapt your workouts accordingly! if you're feeling extra fatigued, it might be a sign to modify your routine. consider trying out lower-impact exercises or incorporating more rest days to allow your body to recover and rejuvenate.
- explore fun fitness opportunities - summertime presents tons of exciting fitness opportunities that can make exercising feel more like an adventure. look for local outdoor fitness classes, join a sports league, or try new activities like paddle boarding or kayaking. these are all engaging activities that totally count as a workout!
when it comes to modifying your workouts this summer, there’s no one-size-fits-all answer. it's all about finding what works best for you and your body. remember, fitness should add to your life, not take away! so make this summer a time of refreshing workouts that leave you feeling energized.
do you switch up your workout routine in the summer? let us know in the comments 🙂