what is mung bean protein powder?
According to Stack3d, BEAM Vegan Protein is the best tasting on the market. But taste is only one of the unique qualities that our vegan protein has to offer. BEAM Vegan Protein is actually the first-ever in the states to use Mung Bean protein as one of the main protein sources.
What is Mung Bean Protein?
The Mung Bean, alternatively known as the green gram, maash, or moong, is a plant species in the legume family. The mung bean is mainly cultivated in East Asia, Southeast Asia, and the Indian subcontinent. It is used as an ingredient in both savory and sweet dishes. This is extremely important because it directly connects to Stack3d rating us “best tasting.”
What are the benefits of using Mung Bean Protein?
Muscle Building Benefits - Mung Bean protein is actually one of the densest leucine-rich source giving your body more nutrients to aid in muscle building. Leucine is one of the branch chain amino acids (BCAAs) that is responsible for rebuilding muscle tissue and muscle repair. By having Mung Bean protein in this formula, BEAM has the best muscle replenishing vegan protein on the market.
Taste Benefits - Mung Bean is naturally sweet and both savory. This allows BEAM to use this source of protein to aid in flavoring without adding sugar. Actually, the Vegan Protein by BEAM contains 0g of Sugar yet tastes so good. How? It’s partially the Mung Bean.
Other Proven Benefits - Here are some other health benefits found from including Mung Bean into your diet:
- Mung Beans contain many healthy antioxidants, including phenolic acids, flavonoids, caffeic acid, cinnamic acid and more which will neutralize harmful free radicals in your body.
- Studies have shown that the antioxidants found in Mung Bean’s can lower LDL or the bad cholesterol which in turns reduces the risk of heart disease
- Mung Bean is rich in potassium, magnesium, and fiber which may lead to reducing blood pressure
- The fiber found in Mung Beans aid in digestive health. Similar to other legumes, Mung Bean contains the soluble fiber called pectin which can aid in regulating your bowels and keeping your gut healthy.
- The University of Toronto in a 2014 study shows that diets with legumes like Mung Beans may promote weight loss by suppressing hunger keeping the person full longer
The Bottom Line
Mung Beans are high in amazing nutrients that will aid in building muscle, detoxifying the body and an array of other health benefits. With BEAM Vegan Protein, it comes down to our incredible taste but an even better formula that makes this product special. Check out the Vegan Protein today!
Leave a comment