did you know your immune system is linked to tons of other bodily process other than just fighting off sickness? not only is a strong immune system essential for maintaining optimal health, it’s stored within our gut so poor immune health can translate into poor gut health and vice versa! while there's no magic pill to guarantee perfect immunity, there are several steps you can take to support and boost your body's natural defense outside of just washing your hands.
here, we’re giving you everything you need to know to keep your immune system in tip top shape, so your whole body can thrive:
eat a balanced diet - nutrient variety is key for optimal gut health, which leads to a solid immune system. rotate different fruits, vegetables, whole grains, lean proteins, and healthy fats in your meals! these provide essential vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, and phytochemicals that support immune function.
- since it can be intimidating trying to get all your nutrients in through food alone, beam’s super greens is so handy here since just one scoop gives you 26 different fruits and veggies, plus it tastes amazing! pick it up here to give your immune system a serious upgrade.
stay hydrated - this plays a vital role in maintaining a healthy immune system. water helps flush out toxins, supports the function of immune cells, and helps prevent infections. aim to drink at least 100 oz of water daily (click here for tips on how to easily hit your water goal).
- add in beam’s recovery aminos to keep your hydration on point. not only do these have electrolytes which are key for energy and cell function, they also have bcaa’s and eaas for muscle recovery. the flavors taste amazing too and will keep you motivated to get your water in!
- prioritize sleep - adequate sleep is crucial for immune health. during sleep, your body repairs and regenerates cells, including immune cells. aim for 7-9 hours of quality sleep each night and click here to learn how to bring your sleep game to the next level 🙂
- manage stress - chronic stress can weaken the immune system, making you more susceptible to infections. incorporate stress-reducing activities into your daily routine such as meditation, deep breathing exercises, and yoga. it’s also crucial here to make sure you’re eating enough to fuel your body + properly recovering from workouts.
- stay on top of your workout routine - while we don’t want to overdo it, regular physical activity improves circulation, reduces inflammation, and promotes the release of endorphins, which can reduce stress and lead to a healthier immune system. this doesn’t have to all come from the same type of training, either! you can totally mix it up with weight lifting, yoga, pilates, dancing or hiking each week. find activities you enjoy!
who likes to get sick, and who likes having gut imbalance? these tips will keep your body functioning like a charm so you can avoid all the symptoms that come along with a weakened immune system 🙂